Sunday, December 8, 2013

This semester

This class was not like I expected. But different, as I've learned a lot recently, does not (and in fact mostly never) means bad. I've actually really enjoyed this class for multiple reasons. I learned so many things about not only Disney, but on critics and society. It seems to me that critics like to over-analyze every single detail. But often, that is part of the art of English and Literature. Re-watching and discussing popular Disney films brought up so many different thoughts that I never would have thought of before. Pre-Decoding Disney, I never would have thought of how many problems the setting of The Princess and the Frog could cause. It just simply never crossed my mind that these movies aren't only watched by Disney kids. Adults grew up with Disney as well and they have just as much love for it as the five year olds watching it today. I can see that feelings change about movies as time goes on. Some movies that were favorites aren't, and some that weren't liked, are now loved. But, we must acknowledge that Disney is a growing art and it will continue to grow with the generations to come. They will love Disney just as we have and probably for many different reasons. But Disney is still Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment